Skip to main content

The sad truth


Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania smartfon uzaleznienie
source:menway.interia.pl

I bet almost everyone can’t imagine themselves not using a smartphone, a computer or not watching TV just for one day. We all live surrounded by technology and it’s part of our everyday life. We use it in order to contact family and friends, check how to get to a place or order food. If we know how to use it wisely, modern technologies are not our enemy. However, lots of people gets lost in this complicated word of gadgets and electronic devices which start to take control of their lives. They can’t really have a normal conversation with their mates or spend time with a boyfriend/girlfriend without constantly writing messages. It’s dangerous and not everyone is aware of how harmful such attitude is. There even is a series about the impact of modern technologies on people and their behaviour. It’s called “Black mirror” and although the first episode was emitted in 2011, it got popularity in Poland just a few years ago. The series is available on Netflix and every episode is a different history of different people. Every time the technology is involved and showed as something damaging. It’s a quite powerful stuff and personally I admit that after every episode I need some time to put my mind at ease, but this is just the right form of telling the sad truth about our society. I think people who are addicted to their phones or computers should watch the series and consider their attitude before it’s too late.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A nice surprise

My friend told me on Friday that he had two tickets for Lady Pank concert on Saturday and asked me if I wanted to go with him. His colleague couldn’t go and had given him the tickets. I was very happy because it’s a Polish rock band I like listen to sometimes so I agreed immediately. The concert was a special one because of the 35 th anniversary of founding Lady Pank. There were a lot of people, many of which were my parents’ generation which had been growing up with Lady Pank’s songs. Everyone was having fun singing and calpping. However, I can’t understand why people prefer recording the entire concert on their mobiles (what is illegal, by the way) rather than listening, interacting with the band and having a good time. The result is that you can see nothing but people’s phones which is very annoying. All in all, the event was great and I’m really glad I had a chance to listen to the songs I could only hear on the radio before!

Why don’t you have a rest?

source: forsal.pl Nowadays people are living so fast. Every morning you can see them almost running to get to work, pupils with big school bags walking fast because they’ve overslept, old ladies going to the market in order to be the first in buying the best groceries and cars passing by with an incredible speed.  What makes all of them losing their heads? Well, the answer is pretty simple: money and obligations. All the society is used to this type of life and I’m afraid sometimes we don’t have any other option. I’m one of these “running people”. I always walk hurriedly and have a lot of things to do in my tense schedule. It’s very annoying when someone is walking slowly in front of me and I can’t get ahead. In such situations I have an impression that this person is stealing my valuable time. Of course it’s not true, but when you have a hundred things to do, every minute is priceless. However, every day I try to find a moment only for myself and I think all of us should try,