Skip to main content

Ho, ho, ho!

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania swiety mikolaj
https://static2.s-trojmiasto.pl/zdj/c/n/9/191/620x0/191253-Swiety-Mikolaj-w-Gdansku-zarabia-ok-90-zl-za-wizyte__c_0_32_847_484.jpg

 
Last Thursday, the 6th of December, children in Poland got their presents from Santa Claus. I can’t say I was among them, because you just can’t compare getting money from your parents to finding a gift under the bed in the morning. I remember writing letters to Santa and giving them to parents so they would send them to him. Of course, the letters never gone any farther, but the presents always came on time. How was it possible?! 

It is a really nice tradition and I think children should be let to believe in Santa Claus. It’s a part of a childhood, just like the Tooth Fairy. Nowadays, I don’t expect my parents to give me anything. I’ve grown up and Santa only comes to the smaller ones. However, I don’t object if they want to give me a little something :) I’m still their child.


Comments

  1. I love this holiday, I mean this atmosphere, this kindness and all of this stuff! :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It's here!

Source: www.gloswielkopolski.pl   Two days ago we celebrated the first day of spring. Although it still may not be very visible, the weather is getting warmer and the trees are becoming green. People are spending more time outside with their families and friends, everyone seems to be having more energy. It’s good time to start a new activity or to take up a hobby. Personally, I feel more positive about everything. I hope the next days will be as warm as today. The weather forecast says it’ going to be 19 degrees in a few hours! I’m planning to go out running and enjoy the sun. I usually go jogging near Warta river, which is also famous for attracting a different type of spring lovers – students from Poznan gather on Warta banks to talk, drink and grill. It’s a lot of fun, too!      

Let's have some pizza

What the best pizza in your city is like? This question may seem a bit difficult to answer because everyone likes different kinds of this famous Italian dish. I have friends who prefer “the polish pizza”, which is made with a thick pastry and a lot of ingredients on the top. Don’t forget to add some ketchup, too (my Italian friend from Erasmus program nearly got a heart attack when he learned that Polish people do that)! Frankly, after one piece of such a dish you can eat no more. Personally, I have been a fan of this particular kind for a long time. When organizing friends gatherings we used to order some “polish pizza” from a tiny pizzeria in Poznan and it was a great addition. Nonetheless, lately I switched to the REAL pizza and I have to say I like it very much. It doesn’t have a thick pastry and a tone of ingredients on it, but the flavour is worth it. You do not normally eat it with any ketchup or salsa – you should use some oil, like vinegar one. The taste is more sophisticate